(Photo: Old tree, Fairhaven Cemetery, Orange, CA, taken by Nicole during our Gravestone Rubbing workshop)
In the ARTstarters book, I talk about the Creative Mindset of BEAUTY: Seeing the Extraordinary in what others see as ordinary.
An artist can see beauty in almost anything because they look beyond the obvious, seeing visual poetry all around them.
In the fast-paced world we live in, it can sometimes be hard to slow down and notice what is beautiful. Being bombarded by media and opinions, we may start to lose our own sense of what is beautiful (or right). We may even lose touch with how we experience beauty in the world around us.
A Slow-Motion Day (Slo-Mo Day) can help us see with fresh eyes throughout our day and awaken our Mindset of Beauty. It’s a day of cultivating awareness of how we move through the world, slowing down to notice ourselves and who/what’s around us, and how we interact together.
Will you join me TOMORROW, November 10th, in a Creative Ritual of a Slow-Motion Day? You can declare your intention to the public on the ARTstarter Facebook Page!
- · Do one thing at a time instead of multi-tasking
- · Focus on each moment that you are in, moment to moment
- · Move at a fraction of the pace you usually do
- · Implement a Media Prohibition: ban yourself from all forms of media, technology, email, web surfing, TV, books radio, newspapers, gossip . . .
- · Imagine God walking alongside you during your day as you "show Him around your life"
For more information, you can read about the Slow Motion Day in the ARTstarter book (or digital copy) under the Chapter “Creative Mindset 3: Beauty” (on page 125 in most book versions.)